- For the chicken marinade:
- 2 lbs organic/free range chicken breasts or thigh
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Pepper
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
For the Gravy :
- 5 tablespoons of organic ghee (or try coconut butter (reduce amount if you wish))
- 1/12 cups yellow chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- salt to taste (celtic/himalayan)
- A pinch of pepper
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 14oz home made tomato sauce or some tomato paste
- Put the chicken pieces in a bowl and add all marinated ingredients.
- Heat butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until chicken just starts to change color.
- Then again in the same pan add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened.
- Add all spice, tomato puree and water. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Stir in coconut cream and add butter. Simmer for a further 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with steamed cauliflower rice and coriander leaves.